Your Ad Here

Monday 10 October 2011

It's my job to sense the pulse of youth: Chetan Bhagat


NEW DELHI: For author Chetan Bhagat, who has explored themes like love, life in call centres and higher education in his novels, the ability to pick the pulse of the youth makes a bestseller.

Bhagat, in his fifth book " Revolution 2020" that was released here late last evening, tackles the issues of corruption in the not so famous institutions in India through his favourite theme- love.

"It is my job to sense what the youth are feeling," says Bhagat who quit his job as an investment banker to focus on his writing.

The book, says Bhagat is "a very specific love story" and has not been inspired by the recent wave of protests across the world, including that by Anna Hazare.

"I began writing this book about two years ago and was actually quite nervous as I wondered if a story set in small town of Varanasi would appeal to readers. It was only later that Egypt happened and Anna Hazare happened and I felt my choice of theme was ok," says Bhagat.

The 37-year-old author who is an alumnus of IIT-Delhi had very recently on the microblogging site Twitter slammed Infosys chairman emeritus N R Narayana Murthy's comments on the quality of engineers churned out by the premier IITs.

"I have always been a little irreverent in my tweets. I didn't take his comment on my college lightly and so tweeted about it. I didn't realise ... but then later I apologised for my tweet," says Bhagat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment