Your Ad Here

Friday 4 November 2011

Digvijay Singh congratulates Anna Hazare on breaking his fast


NEW DELHI: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh on Friday congratulated veteran social activist Anna Hazare on breaking his 19-day vow of silence.

"I congratulate Anna Hazare on breaking his fast," said Digvijay Singh, when asked that Hazare has finally come to Delhi and broken his fast.

Hazare broke his 'vow of silence' after paying tributes to Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi at the Rajghat earlier in the day.

After breaking his vow of silence, 74-year-old anti-corruption crusader said his 'maun vrat' was against the corrupt system, and not against any particular party.

"After my indefinite fast, I had a lot of weakness. Mahatma Gandhi showed me the way. He said one must observe 'maun vrat'. My health has become absolutely fine after the vow of silence. I now have more inspiration to fight for Lokpal," he added.

Hazare began his 'maun vrat' on October 16 at Ralegan Siddhi in Maharashtra for peace of soul.

Responding to a question on the attempts made by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) workers to attack him at the Mughalsarai Railway Station in Uttar Pradesh late on Thursday night, Digvijay Singh said that he was least bothered about it.

"I have already said that attacking me is RSS and BJP's plan 'D'. I am least bothered about it," he said.

Digvijay Singh was reportedly waiting for a Delhi-bound train at the Mughalsarai Railway Station when BJP party workers clashed with Congress workers and tried to enter the waiting room, where Singh was present.

0 comments:

Post a Comment