Your Ad Here

Sunday 16 October 2011

My efforts should not be compared with Anna Hazare: Sachin Tendulkar






Sachin Tendulkar, who has been extensively involved charity activities to help provide quality, affordable education to about eight million children, says that his efforts should not be compared with Anna Hazare.

Tendulkar told India Today, “He's doing his work, I am doing mine. I don't think our efforts should be compared. This isn't a I versus him race.”

Tendulkar, who is on the brink of scoring his international 100th ton, says that defeats do not depress him and instead, they motivate him to do better.

“I have said this before, defeats do not depress me. They motivate me. I know I did not get too many runs in the series and had to return hurt. But one series does not impact my game. One loss does not take away my fans,” Tendulkar said.

On September 18, he spent six hours giving cricketing tips to underprivileged students from across India via satellite, at the Yash Raj Studios in Mumbai. The event raised Rs 7 crore in donations to be spent on an estimated 140 schools in the country which lack basic facilities. The organizers are likely to repeat the same event next year.

Talking about his initiative, Tendulkar said, “It all depends on you. If it's selfless, then no one will point fingers. If efforts to do social work are couched in selfish motives, then they will die a premature death. Why would my efforts get politicised? I have values I inherited from my father. He helped many. Anyone, even a postman knocking on our door would get a glass of water and some sweets. I want students to rush to school every day. They should feel happy going to school. I must ensure that they have facilities..

0 comments:

Post a Comment