Your Ad Here

Wednesday 2 November 2011

Khali desires to meet Anna, has all praise for his movement against corruption


Supporting Anna Hazare’s movement against corruption, WWE wrestler the Great Khali on Tuesday said he would love to join such anti-corruption crusades launched by any Indian.

 “I am really impressed with the personality of Anna and his fighting spirit. People like him are the real heroes of our country.  I would have definitely attended Anna’s movement, had I been in India at that time. With strong desires to meet Anna, I would urge him to fight the evil with strong power. Whatever help I can do to Anna’s movement at my level, I would try my level best,” said Khali, while talking to Hindustan Times.
Khali who is in Bathinda to attend the inaugural ceremony of the second edition of World Cup Kabaddi said, corruption in every sector of the society was the biggest threat for the development of India and if remained un-controlled, it would lead to deterioration of the society.

“Not only Anna, I am ready to support any Indian who will raise his voice against corruption,” he said, adding, in the near future he was exploring the possibilities of meeting Anna.

“Moreover, in such social movements, you don’t need to have any special meeting with anyone. We all can support the movement at our own level,” the WWE wrestler said.

The star who is attending the inaugural ceremony of the World Cup Kabaddi without charging the Punjab Government said he would love to attend any such function, which would promote sports in the state.

“Though I am from Himachal, but Punjab is my second home as I have nourished my carrier from this state only. I want the state grows better like anything. For the issues concerning the youth and sports I would remain available for the government,” he stated, while having all praise for deputy chief minister Sukhbir Badal for the special efforts to promote Kabaddi.

“I think every state should learn from the deputy chief minister, how he has promoted Kabaddi across the globe. If each state promotes a particular game, automatically our standards would grow better,” Khali opined.

The wrestler is preparing hard for the WWE Championship slated to be held in India in the early months of 2012.

“Since it is in my country, this will be my first wrestling before my countrymen, I don’t want to be unprepared for the historical event,” Khali said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment