Your Ad Here

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Children bunk school to support Anna


They’d have never imagined that this day would come, but when students of government schools decided to bunk classes and support Anna Hazare, their parents permitted them to do so. Many of them who shouted slogans outside the Chhatrasal stadium, Gate, Tihar Jail were students from government schools. “Before the practical exams, we bribe teachers in order to pass,” said Rituraj Raman, a student.

Besides, students from various colleges also protested.

“My mother called me when I was in college and asked me to go and protest outside Chhatrasal Stadium,” said Sugandha Arora, a student of Laxmi Bai College .

Stadium too turned tourist spots. But not everyone was there to support Anna Hazare. Many had come there to see the renovated stadium.

“When will we get a chance to go to the stadium, lie on the grass and walk on the track? This was a good opportunity so I called my brother and uncle as well,” said Jagdish Wadhwa, a businessman from Model Town .

0 comments:

Post a Comment